Click a tab to find out more:
Quanticks is a trading name of Qlaw Legal Services Ltd (Company number 7529688).
Our Directors are Nicola Gibbs, Louise Harris and Neil Quantick.
If you experience any problems with this site, please email info@Qlaw.co.uk.
VAT reg number 869 4069 75.
Our professional indemnity insurance is provided by Maven Underwriters.
We have offices at:
Skinner House, 38-40 Bell Street, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 7BA
241 High Street, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1RT
Unless otherwise agreed with you, Quanticks will hold all client money in a general client account. It is an instant access account, and the interest rates applicable to it are reflected in this fact.
Interest will be paid on money held at 0.5% less than the rate of interest paid by our bank (currently Lloyds Bank). This will be subject to a de minimis of £20 (ie; no interest will be payable if the amount of interest due against any balance held is £20 or less). The current rate of interest payable can be found on our website in the legal & regulatory information tab. Interest will be paid ‘gross’ (ie before any deductions for tax).
Interest will be calculated on the basis of the amount & the length of time for which cleared funds were held. It will normally be paid at the conclusion of any work we’re doing for you.
If there is a need for us to hold client funds for a guaranteed fixed period of more than 1 month, it may be possible to put funds into a designated deposit account. This may attract a higher rate of interest. But, without instant access to the funds, this is rarely a practical option. Please talk to us if you feel this may be appropriate given your circumstances, for any money we are holding on your behalf.
Any variation from this policy will be agreed in writing with you on an individual basis.
If you are a client of the firm, and you are unhappy with any aspect of the service provided, please tell us immediately. We are obliged to maintain a formal complaints procedure.
We’re committed to providing a first class service to all our clients.
In the unlikely event of something going wrong, we need you to tell us about it as soon as possible. This is the process.
1) We’ll send you a letter/email confirming that we’ve received your complaint within 24 hours (working day) of receiving it. We’ll also send you a copy of this policy.
2) We’ll then investigate your complaint. This will normally be undertaken by one of our directors or our practice manager, who will review the work that we’ve done for you, and speak to the member of staff responsible.
3) The director, or practice manager, will then invite you to a meeting (if this is convenient for you) to discuss, and hopefully resolve your complaint. They will do this within 14 days of your complaint being received.
4) Within 3 days of the meeting, the director, or practice manager, will write to you to confirm what took place, and any solutions they have agreed with you.
5) If you don’t want a meeting, or it is not possible, the director, or practice manager, will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including their suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of your complaint being received.
6) At this stage, if you’re still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for someone unconnected with the matter at the firm to review the decision.
7) We’ll write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
8) If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman, an independent complaints body, established under the Legal Services Act 2007, that deals with legal services complaints:-
PO Box 6806
0300 555 0333
Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must be made within six months of the date of our final written response on your complaint. If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
Alternative complaints bodies (such as Pro Mediate UK Ltd – www.promediate.co.uk) exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and us wish to use such a scheme. However, we would prefer not to use an alternative complaints body as we feel that the Legal Ombudsman is best placed to assist.
We’re regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
Our SRA reference is 558217.
We have offices in Reigate & Dorking.
A copy of the Code of Conduct 2007 (which sets out the conduct rules applying to solicitors) is available from the SRA (www.sra.org.uk/code-of-conduct).
They can be contacted at www.sra.org.uk, or by phone 0870 606 2555.